The Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program claims to be more than just a diet—it claims to be a lifestyle change, so that you won't just gain the weight back. Jenny Craig has been around for more than a few years. It started in Australia in 1983 and came to the United States in 1985. There are three main areas of focus to losing weight with the Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program: Food, Body, and Mind.
- Food—A Healthy Relationship with Food
- Body—An Active Lifestyle
- Mind—A Balanced Approach to Living
Jenny Craig claims that with their help on focusing on these three issues, you will be able to lose weight and keep it off. What else do you need to know about the program?
- How it works. You can meet with a personal consultant either in person or on the phone (go to the Jenny Craig website for more information). They will help you set up a program based on your own needs and goals. Each week you will meet privately (or talk on the phone) with your consultant, who will help assess your progress, stick to your goals, and eventually wean yourself off the meals to your own healthy home cooking. As you lose weight, your calorie intake will need to decrease and you will most likely need to exercise more to continue losing weight. If you follow the diet as you are supposed to, you can expect to lose about one to two pounds each week.
- What do you eat? On the Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program, you eat three meals and one snack a day. The food is a mixture of Jenny Craig meals and food you purchase from the grocery store (fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy, and whole grains).
- Cost. The Jenny Craig Weight Loss Program is one of the more expensive diet plans available, but it is also an effective and healthy way to lose weight if you stick to the program. The exact price depends on exactly what plan you choose and how long you need to stay on the program. However, you can expect to spend a significant amount of money on joining and paying for all of your food. Make sure that you get all of the details in writing before you agree to pay, so that you don't have to pay for anything you weren't aware of.
The best advice is to spend time researching different diet options. Obviously, if you have the motivation and self-discipline, you should be able to count calories and exercise to lose weight. Make sure that you research Jenny Craig, and even other diet programs, before committing.
Eating properly when you're away from home can be a challenge, but you may find that it is entirely manageable even for ...
Most of us know what it's like...those last few pounds just won't come off, and you're stuck wondering if they'll ever come ...
If you want to have healthy skin, improving your eating habits is one of the best ways to accomplish this goal. Healthy ...